Friday, September 30, 2011

A weeks worth of stitching, again.

Another super creative title, there...

I got to do a happy dance on Thursday. I finished stitching Bless Our Home by Country Cottage Needleworks. I used the called for flosses and stitched over 2 on a 32 count linen, the color of which escapes me right now. I hadn't put the eyes on the dog, or the legs on the bird when I took the picture. But no worries, they are seeing and standing perfectly fine now.


Crabby All Year saw some heavy rotation time this week.  I am determined to get the stitching done this weekend.  I plan on leaving the stitching chair as little as possible.  Yes, I'm stitching upside down again.


My Heirloom Nativity got a few hours on Sunday.  I just have to finish up the line of text and I can move up to another band of specialty stitches and there will be shepherds above that.


On Monday I put more time into my L*K SAL project, Christmas ABC's.  I am so close to finding that upper left hand corner!


And, since I finished up Bless Our Home, that meant a new start for the at work project.  I started in on Something Wicked.  Not much to show, but I'm liking the brown on the green.  I think this will turn out very very well.


I've spent some time stitching on the StitchMate.  Becoming a two handed stitcher is going to take some practice.  Right now I'm kind of at the 1 and a half hands point.  When stitching a row of /////'s, I can use my left hand on the back of the fabric no problem.  But when I'm coming back with the \\\\\'s I have to use my right hand front and back.  The stitches don't look so nice when I use my left hand on the back for those.  I did try left hand on top for a while, but that drove me crazy!!!  I'm much more efficient when I can't see what lefty is up to behind the scenes. Go figure.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

1 comments:

katica said...

great progress on all your projects!

in regards to two handed stitching, which is your dominate hand? right or left?

I find it much easier to stitch two handed with my dominant hand (right for me) on the bottom and the not so domminant one (left for me) on top where I can see what its doing.

It does take practice though :O)